How to make an entire column capital (uppercase) or lowercase in Excel?
This article provides two methods for you to make all texts in an entire column uppercase or lowercase in details.
You can use formulas in a help column to achieve it. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell which is adjacent to the cell you want to make uppercase or lowercase.
2. For making cell text uppercase, please enter the formula =UPPER(B2) into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
And for making cell lowercase, enter the formula =LOWER(B2). See screenshot:
3. Keep selecting the cell, then drag the Fill Handle down until it reaches the cell in the column you want to capitalize or lowercase.
Then all cells in column are capital or lowercase after the above operations.
Here highly recommend the Change Case utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can quickly change the text strings to upper case, lower case, proper case, sentence case and so on in a colomn with several clicks only as the below demo shown. Download Kutools for Excel now! (30-day free trail)
Let's see how to apply this utility. Please do as follows.
1. Select the column you need to make the values capital or lowercase, and then click Kutools > Text > Change Case. See screenshot:
2. In the Change Case dialog box, please select the UPPER CASE or lower case option as you need in the Change type section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all cells’ contents in column are changed to uppercase or lowercase immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!