How to make an entire column capital (uppercase) or lowercase in Excel?
This article provides two methods for you to make all texts in an entire column uppercase or lowercase in details.
With the help of Kutools for Excel's Change Caes utility, you can quickly change the text strings to upper case, lower case, proper case, sentence case and so on in a colomn as below screenshot shown. Download the full feature 60-day free trail of Kutools for Excel now! See the below demo:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use formulas in a help column to achieve it. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell which is adjacent to the cell you want to make uppercase or lowercase.
2. For making cell text uppercase, please enter the formula =UPPER(B2) into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
And for making cell lowercase, enter the formula =LOWER(B2). See screenshot:
3. Keep selecting the cell, then drag the Fill Handle down until it reaches the cell in the column you want to capitalize or lowercase.
Then all cells in column are capital or lowercase after the above operations.
The Change Case utility of Kutools for Excel can easily change all cells’ contents to uppercase or lowercase at once. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the column you need to make the values capital or lowercase, and then click Kutools > Text > Change Case. See screenshot:
2. In the Change Case dialog box, please select the UPPER CASE or lower case option as you need in the Change type section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all cells’ contents in column are changed to uppercase or lowercase immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!