How to quickly extract rows that meet criteria in Excel?
Extract rows that meet criteria with Filter function
Extract rows that meet criteria with Kutools for Excel
quickly select duplicate or unique values in an Excel range.
|In Excel sheet, if you have a range which includes some duplicate rows, you may need to select them or outstanding them, but how can quickly solve this job？If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility to quickly select the duplicate ones or unique values in the range, or fill background and font color for the duplicates and unique values. Click for 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you can filter the rows meeting the criteria first, and then copy them to another location.
1. Select the range included headers you want to extract rows from, click Data > Filter to add the Filter icons beside headers. See screenshot:
2. Then click at the Filter icon besides Score column (the column you may extract rows based on), and click Number Filters > Custom Filter from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog, select the criteria from the drop down lists, and type the number scope into the textboxes, and check And. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and the data range has been filtered out by the criteria you set.
5. Then select the filtered out data, and press Ctrl + G to open the Go to dialog, and click Special to go to the Go to Special dialog, and check Visible cells only option. See screenshot；
6. Click OK, and now only the visible cells are selected in the range, and press Ctrl + C to copy it, and then go to select a cell to press Ctrl + V to paste the visible cells. See screenshot:
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group |
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Know About Auto Text Get Free Trial
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
If you want to solve this problem with fewer steps, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells function to select the rows that meet the criteria, and then copy them to another location.
1. Select the column you extract rows based on, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Entire row option in Selection type, and specify your criteria in the Specify type section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to close the dialog, and a dialog pops out to remind you selecting how many cells, just click OK to close it.
4. Now press Ctrl + C to copy the rows and select a cell which to put the extracted rows and press Ctrl + V to paste.
You maybe interested in this:
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 30-day trial of Office Tab!
- How to extract data from chart or graph in Excel?
- How to extract all duplicates from a column in Excel?
- How to extract string from IP address in Excel?