How to calculate number of working days left in current month in Excel?
This article provides methods of calculating the number of working days left in current month from today or based on given date. Please browse for more details.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
For example, you need to calculate number of working days left from today (2015/12/18) in current month. The below formula will help you.
1. Select a blank cell for placing the left working days, enter the formula =NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)) into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key.
Then you can see the number of working days left in current month is populated into the selected cell.
Note: If you need to calculate number of working days left in current month based on a certain date, please apply this formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A2,EOMONTH(A2,0)) (A2 contains the specific date you want to use). See screenshot:
|Formula is too complicated to remember? The Auto Text feature of Kutools for Excel can save the formula as an Auto Text entry for reusing with only one click in future!
Read More... or Download the free trail now!
If formula is hard for you to remember, you can try the Count Weekdays between two dates utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the left working days, then click Kutools > Formulas > Count Weekdays between two dates. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the cells which contain the start date and end date separately in the Start Date and the End Date boxes, and then click the OK button.
Or you can just enter the start date and end date directly into these two boxes, but the dates you manually entered need to be embraced with quotes. See screenshot:
Then the left working days between two given dates is calculated out.
- How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel?
- How to calculate elapsed years, months, or days from a certain date in Excel?
- How to calculate age on a specific or feature date in Excel?