How to calculate number of working days left in current month in Excel?
This article provides methods of calculating the number of working days left in current month from today or based on given date. Please browse for more details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For example, you need to calculate number of working days left from today (2015/12/18) in current month. The below formula will help you.
1. Select a blank cell for placing the left working days, enter the formula =NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)) into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key.
Then you can see the number of working days left in current month is populated into the selected cell.
Note: If you need to calculate number of working days left in current month based on a certain date, please apply this formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A2,EOMONTH(A2,0)) (A2 contains the specific date you want to use). See screenshot:
|Formula is too complicated to remember? The Auto Text feature of Kutools for Excel can save the formula as an Auto Text entry for reusing with only one click in future! |
Read More... or Download the free trail now!
If formula is hard for you to remember, you can try the Count Weekdays between two dates utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the left working days, then click Kutools > Formulas > Count Weekdays between two dates. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the cells which contain the start date and end date separately in the Start Date and the End Date boxes, and then click the OK button.
Or you can just enter the start date and end date directly into these two boxes, but the dates you manually entered need to be embraced with quotes. See screenshot:
Then the left working days between two given dates is calculated out.
- How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel?
- How to calculate elapsed years, months, or days from a certain date in Excel?
- How to calculate age on a specific or feature date in Excel?