How to copy and paste multiple non adjacent cells/rows/columns in Excel?
Normally when we copying multiple nonadjacent cells in Excel, it will pop up a warning dialog box as below screenshot shown. Apart from copying and pasting each cell one by one, are there any methods to copy and paste multiple nonadjacent cells/rows/columns together? Yes! This article will recommend two easy methods as follows:
- Copy and paste multiple non adjacent cells/rows/columns
- Copy and paste multiple non adjacent cells/rows/columns with Kutools for Excel
Although Microsoft Excel does not support copying and pasting multiple nonadjacent cells/cells/columns, but it allows users to copy and paste multiple non adjacent cells/rows/column in specified conditions.
(1) Copy and paste multiple nonadjacent cells in the same column/rows
1. Holding the Ctrl key, and select multiple nonadjacent cells in the same column/rows one by one.
2. Press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy these nonadjacent cells; select the first cell of destination range, and press the Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste these nonadjacent cells. See below screenshots:
(2) Copy and paste multiple non adjacent rows (or columns) which contain the same columns (or rows)
1. Holding the Ctrl key, and select multiple nonadjacent rows (or columns) which contain the same columns (or rows).
In our example we select multiple nonadjacent rows with same columns. See screenshot:
2. Press the Ctrl + C keys to copy these nonadjacent rows, next select the first cell of destination range, and press the Ctrl + V keys to paste these rows. See above screenshot:
Copy and paste multiple non adjacent columns as below screenshot:
Sometimes, you may need to copy and paste multiple nonadjacent cells from different rows/columns, or copy multiple nonadjacent rows/columns with different columns/rows. In these conditions, you can try the Copy Ranges utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Select multiple nonadjacent cells/rows/columns with holding the Ctrl key, and click Kutools > Copy Ranges. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, please check the All option, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. And then in the second Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, please specify the first cell of destination range, and click the OK button. See the second screenshot above:
So far all selected nonadjacent cells/rows/columns have been copied and pasted into a new range. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!