How to split numbers into columns in Excel?
If you have a list of big numbers, and now you want to split the numbers of each cell into multiple columns, and place one digit number in one separate cell as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly get it done? In this tutorial, you can get the tricks to quickly and easily handle this problem in Excel.
In Excel, you can use Text to Columns function to quickly split numbers into columns.
1. Select the number cells, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the step 1 of the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, check Fixed width, see screenshot:
3. Click Next to go to step 2 of the Wizard, and click at the positions you want to create the break line. See screenshot:
4. Click Next to go to step 3, and select a destination you want to output the split numbers. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish, and then the selected numbers are split into columns.
Here in Kutools for Excel, you can use its Split Cells utility to quickly split numbers into columns.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the number cells, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog, check Split to Columns option in Type section, and then go to check Specify width option in Split by section, and enter 1 into the beside textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and a dialog pops out to select a cell to output the split numbers, and then click OK. Now the cells are split into columns. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel’s Split Cells utility, you also can split a cell into multiple rows.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!