How to add or subtract hours from a date/time field in Excel?
This article aims to show you methods of adding or subtracting hours from a date/time field in Excel. Please do as follows.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can apply the following formulas to add or subtract hours from a date/time field in Excel.
Add hours to a date/time field
If you want to add 12 hours to a date/time field as below screenshot, you can apply the following formula.
1. Select a blank cell says cell C2, enter formula =A2+12/24 into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A2 contains the date/time field, 12 is the hours you need to add to the date/time field. You can change them based on your need.
Then you will get the final date and time after adding certain hours to a date/time field.
Subtract hours from a date/time field
For subtracting 12 hours from a date/time field, you can apply this formula =A2-12/24. See screenshot:
If you don’t remember the formulas, Kutools for Excel’s Add hours to date function will help you easily add or subtract hours from a date/time field.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select a blank cell for locating the result, then click Kutools > Formulas > Add hours to date. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, you need to:
(2) In the Number box, just enter the number of hours you need to add.
Click the OK button.
Note: For subtracting 12 hours, please enter -12 into the Number box. See screenshot:
After clicking the OK button, you will get a new time in the selected cell. Then you should change the cell format to the date and time format as you need.
- How to add number of business/working days or hours to a date in Excel?
- How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel?