How to add or subtract hours from a date/time field in Excel?
This article aims to show you methods of adding or subtracting hours from a date/time field in Excel. Please do as follows.
You can apply the following formulas to add or subtract hours from a date/time field in Excel.
Add hours to a date/time field
If you want to add 12 hours to a date/time field as below screenshot, you can apply the following formula.
1. Select a blank cell says cell C2, enter formula =A2+12/24 into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A2 contains the date/time field, 12 is the hours you need to add to the date/time field. You can change them based on your need.
Then you will get the final date and time after adding certain hours to a date/time field.
Subtract hours from a date/time field
For subtracting 12 hours from a date/time field, you can apply this formula =A2-12/24. See screenshot:
Here recommend the Add hours to date utility of Kutools for Excel. This feature helps to easily add or subtract hours from a date/time with clicks only.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the result, then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, you need to:
- In the Choose a formula box, select Add hours to date.
Tips: You can check the Filter box, type in the keyword to filter the certian formula as you need.
- In the Date Time box, select the cell containing the date time you will add or subtract hours from.
- In the Number box, enter the number of hours you want to add or substract.
Tips: For subtracting hours, please enter a negative number into the Number box.
- Click the OK button.
Now the result is populated into the selected cell, please change the cell format to date and time format as you need.
- How to add number of business/working days or hours to a date in Excel?
- How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!