How to copy and paste cell sizes (column widths and row heights) in Excel?
As we know, we can copy a range without losing column widths with Home > Paste > Paste Special > Column widths. But how to copy range without losing cell size (both column widths and row heights) in Excel? This article provides two workarounds to get it done.
Copy and paste cell sizes (column widths and row heights) with Copy feature
This method will guide you to copy all cells in one worksheet, and then paste into another worksheet with keeping the original cell sizes (both column widths and row heights) in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Go to the worksheet where you will copy cell sizes, click the arrow at the up-left corner of working area to select all cells in active worksheet.
2. Copy all cells with pressing the Ctrl + C keys at the same time.
3. Go the destination worksheet where you will paste the cell sizes, and click the arrow at the up-left corner of working area to select all cells in active worksheet.
4. Paste all cells with pressing the Ctrl + V keys at the same time.
5. Keep selecting all cells, and press the Delete key to clear all cell contents.
And then all cell sizes are copied from one worksheet to another one. See below screenshot:
Note: This method can only copy all cell sizes of one worksheet. If you want to copy cell sizes in a selection, please go ahead with next method.
Copy and paste cell sizes (column widths and row heights) with Kutools for Excel
This method will introduce Kutools for Excel’s Copy Ranges utility to copy cell sizes (both column widths and row heights) from one range to another in Excel.
1. Select the range whose cell sizes you will copy, and click Kutools > Copy Ranges.
2. In the opening Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, please check one option as you need in the Paste special section, check both the Including row height option and the Including column width option, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. In the second Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, please select the first cell of destination range and click the OK button.
So far all cell sizes have been copied from selected range, and pasted into the destination range. See screenshot:
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.