How to filter data include blank rows in Excel?
Normally, filtering will stop when encountering blank cell in a column. But if you need to extend the filter to all data in the column including the blank cells, what would you do? This article will show you methods of filtering data include blank rows in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
It is easily to filter data include blank rows if you selected all data in the column include the blank rows before enabling the Filter function. Please do as follows.
You just need to select all data in the column including all blank cells before enabling the Filter function.
Then all data will be filtered include the blank cells.
If the blank rows in a range is useless for you, you can delete them all at once before filtering. The Delete Blank Rows utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily achieve it with only several clicks.
1. Select the range with blank rows you need to delete, then click Kutools > Delete Blank Rows > In Selected Range. See screenshot:
2. Then a dialog box pops up to remind you how many blank rows will be deleted, please click the OK button.
Now all blank rows in selected range are deleted immediately as below screenshot show.
Note: With this Delete Blank Rows utility, you can delete all blank rows not only in selected range, but in active sheet, selected sheets as well as all sheets in your workbook.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- How to filter data based on checkbox in Excel?
- How to filter a worksheet based on a range of cells in another worksheet in Excel?