How to filter data based on checkbox in Excel?
For a list with checkboxes in cells, you may need to filter out all cells which the checkboxes are checked, or filter out all cells which the checkboxes are unchecked. This article will show you method to deal with it in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to filter data based on checkbox in Excel.
1. Right click on a checkbox, and then click Format Control from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Control dialog box, go to the Control tab, in the Cell link box, enter a cell address which you want to link the checkbox to, and then click the OK button.
In this case, we enter cell B2 into the Cell link box. Then this check box is linked to cell B2 now.
3. Repeat the above step 1 and 2 until all checkboxes in the list are linked to corresponding cells.
4. After checking the checkbox, you can see a word “TRUE” displays in the corresponding cell. If unchecking the checkbox, the word “FALSE” will display. See screenshot:
5. Select the header cell, then click Data > Filter.
6. For filtering out all cells which the checkboxes are checked, please filter the list by TURE, otherwise, please check the list by FALSE. See screenshot:
- How to filter data include blank rows in Excel?
- How to filter a worksheet based on a range of cells in another worksheet in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoTo insert a checkbox in Excel, you first need to have the Developer tab enabled in your workbook
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWhen I do the above, the check boxes pile on top of each other when the filter removes the underlying row. How do you make it so those disappear? Thank you