How to filter data based on checkbox in Excel?
For a list with checkboxes in cells, you may need to filter out all cells which the checkboxes are checked, or filter out all cells which the checkboxes are unchecked. This article will show you method to deal with it in details.
Please do as follows to filter data based on checkbox in Excel.
1. Right click on a checkbox, and then click Format Control from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Control dialog box, go to the Control tab, in the Cell link box, enter a cell address which you want to link the checkbox to, and then click the OK button.
In this case, we enter cell B2 into the Cell link box. Then this check box is linked to cell B2 now.
3. Repeat the above step 1 and 2 until all checkboxes in the list are linked to corresponding cells.
4. After checking the checkbox, you can see a word “TRUE” displays in the corresponding cell. If unchecking the checkbox, the word “FALSE” will display. See screenshot:
5. Select the header cell, then click Data > Filter.
6. For filtering out all cells which the checkboxes are checked, please filter the list by TURE, otherwise, please check the list by FALSE. See screenshot:
Tip: If you want to insert multiple check boxes into a selected range in bulk, you can try the Batch Insert Check Boxes utility pf Kutools for Excel. Or batch insert multiple Option Buttons with the Batch Insert Option Buttons utility. Besides, you can delete all check boxes at once with the Batch Delete Check Boxes utility as below screenshots shown as the below demo shown.
Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
- How to filter data include blank rows in Excel?
- How to filter a worksheet based on a range of cells in another worksheet in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoTo insert a checkbox in Excel, you first need to have the Developer tab enabled in your workbook
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWhen I do the above, the check boxes pile on top of each other when the filter removes the underlying row. How do you make it so those disappear? Thank you