How to filter data based on checkbox in Excel?
For a list with checkboxes in cells, you may need to filter out all cells which the checkboxes are checked, or filter out all cells which the checkboxes are unchecked. This article will show you method to deal with it in details.
Please do as follows to filter data based on checkbox in Excel.
1. Right click on a checkbox, and then click Format Control from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Control dialog box, go to the Control tab, in the Cell link box, enter a cell address which you want to link the checkbox to, and then click the OK button.
In this case, we enter cell B2 into the Cell link box. Then this check box is linked to cell B2 now.
3. Repeat the above step 1 and 2 until all checkboxes in the list are linked to corresponding cells.
4. After checking the checkbox, you can see a word “TRUE” displays in the corresponding cell. If unchecking the checkbox, the word “FALSE” will display. See screenshot:
5. Select the header cell, then click Data > Filter.
6. For filtering out all cells which the checkboxes are checked, please filter the list by TURE, otherwise, please check the list by FALSE. See screenshot:
Tip: If you want to insert multiple check boxes into a selected range in bulk, you can try the Batch Insert Check Boxes utility pf Kutools for Excel. Or batch insert multiple Option Buttons with the Batch Insert Option Buttons utility. Besides, you can delete all check boxes at once with the Batch Delete Check Boxes utility as below screenshots shown as the below demo shown.
Download and try it now! (30-day free trail)
- How to filter data include blank rows in Excel?
- How to filter a worksheet based on a range of cells in another worksheet in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!