How to create a hyperlink to a chart in Excel?
In Excel, creating a hyperlink is easy for most of users, but have you ever tried to create hyperlink to a chart in Excel which means that click at a value and then link to a chart in another sheet? Generally, there is no way to directly create a hyperlink to a chart, but here, in this article, I can introduce an interested way to solve it.
1. Select a sheet you want to place the button, and click Developer > Insert > Button. See screenshot:
Tip: If the Developer tab is hidden, you can refer to this article How to show/display developer tab in Excel 2007/2010/2013 Ribbon? to show it.
2. Drag cursor to draw a button in the sheet as you need, and then click the OK button in the popping up Assign Macro dialog. See screenshots:
3. The move cursor in the button until arrow cursor become text input sign, and then you can enter the displayed text in the button as you need. See screenshot:
4. Right click at the button to show the context menu, and select Assign Macro. See screenshot:
5. Then click New in the Assign Macro dialog to display a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and paste the macro code: Sheets("Chart").Select between the codes in the script. See screenshot:
Tip: In the code, Chart is the sheet name where the linked chart is placed, you can change it as you need.
6. Save the code and close the window. Now you will link to the chart as you click at the button.
In some times, it costs much time to remove multiple hyperlinks from a selection, sheet or a workbook, however, here is a powerful tool – Kutools for Excel, with its Delete Hyperlinks utility, you can quickly handle it.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel,
Enable the sheet you want to remove hyperlinks, and click Kutools > Link > Remove Hyperlinks Without Losing Formatting > In Selected Range/In Active Sheet/In Selected Sheets/In All Sheets. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!