How to restrict access to a certain worksheet in Excel?
In some cases, you don’t want a certain worksheet to be viewed by others as the data in this worksheet is important. Normally, many Excel users tend to hide the worksheet for restricting access by the Hide feature. But others can unhide this worksheet easily with the Unhide feature. This article will show you methods of restricting access to a certain worksheet in Excel.
Actually, you can restrict access to a certain worksheet with setting the worksheet as very hidden status.
1. Open the workbook and shift to the worksheet you will restrict access to, then right click the sheet tab and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. Then the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops up, please go to the Properties pane. Then select 2 – xlSheetVeryHidden from the Visible drop-down list. See screenshot:
3. Close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Now the certain worksheet is very hidden now. And you can’t show it with the normal unhide feature in Excel.
Kutools for Excel provides a feature – Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets to easily make a worksheet very hidden in a workbook. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools > Show & Hide > Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets.
2. In the Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets dialog box, you can see all opened workbooks are displayed in the Workbook windows box.
Please click to select the workbook which contains the worksheet you need to make it very hidden in the Workbook windows box. And in the Sheets box, click to select the certain sheet you will restrict access by others, then specify the VeryHidden option from the drop-down list. And finally close the dialog box. See screenshot:
Now the certain worksheet is very hidden immediately.
Note: with this utility, you can hide all sheets but certain one, or unhide all hidden sheets at once easily.
- How to restrict to paste values only (prevent formatting) in Excel?
- How to restrict value entry/input in a cell based on another cell value in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!