How to add check mark in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
Normally, for inserting a check mark in a cell, you need to get into the Symbol dialog box, find the check mark symbol and insert it manually. But it is not so easy to find out the check mark symbol in the Symbol dialog box as there are numerous symbols listed inside. How to quickly add a check mark in a cell in Excel? This article will show you a VBA method to easily add check mark in a cell with double clicking only.
The following VBA code can help you add check mark in a cell with double clicking. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet you need to add check mark into the cell, then right click and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Double click to add check mark in a cell
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B1:B10")) Is Nothing Then Application.EnableEvents = False If ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) Then ActiveCell.ClearContents Else ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) End If Cancel = True End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub
Note: In the code, B1:B10 is the range you will add check mark with double clicking. Please change it based on your need.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window and return to the worksheet.
Now, double click on any cell in range B1:B10, the check mark will be entered automatically. And double clicking the cell again, the inserted check mark will be removed.
If you need to frequently use the check marks in your Excel daily work, here I recommend the Auto Text Utility of Kutools for Excel. With this feature, you can save a check mark as an auto text entry, and then resue it in the future with only one click in Excel as the below demo shown.
Download and try it now! (30-day free trail)
- How to double click a cell and add 1 to that cell value in Excel?
- How to auto add/enter current date/time in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!