- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 days agoHi leoflute,After pressing the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please double click ThisWorkbook to open the ThisWorkbook(Code) window, and then copy the below code into the code window. Don't forget to change the sheet names and the cell range in the code.Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) 'Updated by Extendoffice 20201012 Dim xStrRg, xStrWs, xStrWsName As String Dim xEEBol, xWSNBol, xBol As Boolean Dim xArrWs Dim xArrRg Dim xI, xJ As Integer Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xRg As Range xStrWs = "Sheet5,Sheet1,Sheet2" 'The specific worksheet names xStrRg = "B3:B10" 'The range of cells you will insert check marks xArrWs = Split(xStrWs, ",") xArrRg = Split(xStrRg, ",") xEEBol = Application.EnableEvents Application.EnableEvents = False On Error Resume Next xStrWsName = Sh.Name xBol = False xWSNBol = False For xI = 0 To UBound(xArrWs) If xStrWsName = xArrWs(xI) Then xWSNBol = True Exit For End If Next xI If xWSNBol Then Set xWs = Application.Worksheets.Item(xArrWs(xI)) For xJ = 0 To UBound(xArrRg) Set xRg = Sh.Range(xArrRg(xJ)) If Not Intersect(Target, xRg) Is Nothing Then xBol = True Exit For End If Next xJ End If If xBol Then If ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) Then ActiveCell.ClearContents Else ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) End If Cancel = True End If Application.EnableEvents = xEEBol End Sub
How to add check mark in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
Normally, for inserting a check mark in a cell, you need to get into the Symbol dialog box, find the check mark symbol and insert it manually. But it is not so easy to find out the check mark symbol in the Symbol dialog box as there are numerous symbols listed inside. How to quickly add a check mark in a cell in Excel? This article will show you a VBA method to easily add check mark in a cell with double clicking only.
The following VBA code can help you add check mark in a cell with double clicking. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet you need to add check mark into the cell, then right click and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Double click to add check mark in a cell
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B1:B10")) Is Nothing Then Application.EnableEvents = False If ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) Then ActiveCell.ClearContents Else ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) End If Cancel = True End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub
Note: In the code, B1:B10 is the range you will add check mark with double clicking. Please change it based on your need.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window and return to the worksheet.
Now, double click on any cell in range B1:B10, the check mark will be entered automatically. And double clicking the cell again, the inserted check mark will be removed.
If you need to frequently use the check marks in your Excel daily work, here I recommend the Auto Text Utility of Kutools for Excel. With this feature, you can save a check mark as an auto text entry, and then resue it in the future with only one click in Excel as the below demo shown.
Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
- How to double click a cell and add 1 to that cell value in Excel?
- How to auto add/enter current date/time in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 28 days agoIs there a way to loop this code so that it is on a lot of worksheets in one workbook?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agocomo eu faço pra inserir a marca de seleção na célula, porém sem deletar o número que estiver digitado nela ou seja, a marca sairia na frente do número quando eu der duplo clique... e quando eu quizer apagar a marca, eu dou duplo clique novamente e a célula voltaria ao normar (continuaria apenas o número).
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoOla Luiz, tente essa alteracao. Ira funcionar nas celulas A2:A10 e D2:D5, altere conforme sua necessidade.
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Not Intersect(Target, Union(Range("A2:A10"), Range("D2:D5"))) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Left(ActiveCell.Value, 1) = ChrW(&H2713) Then
ActiveCell.Value = Right(ActiveCell, Len(ActiveCell) - 1)
ActiveCell.HorizontalAlignment = xlRight
ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) & ActiveCell.Value
Cancel = True
Application.EnableEvents = True