How to auto add/enter current date/time in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
If you need to insert current date or date time frequently in a worksheet, you can try the method in this article. This article will help you to automatically add or enter current date or date tine in a specified range cells with only double clicking.
You can run the below VBA code to automatically add current date or date time in a cell with double clicking. Please do as follows.
1. Right click the Sheet tab which you want to insert current date into the specified cells, then select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Double click to add current date into a cell
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:B10")) Is Nothing Then Cancel = True Target.Formula = Date End If End Sub
3. Press Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window and return to the worksheet.
From now on, when double clicking any cell in specified range A1:B10. The current date or date time will be entered automatically.
- How to double click a cell and add 1 to that cell value in Excel?
- How to add check mark in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!