How to double click a cell and add 1 to that cell value in Excel?
This article will show you method of add 1 to a cell value automatically with double clicking it in Excel.
The following VBA code can help you add 1 to a cell value after double clicking. Please do as follows.
1. Right click the sheet tab which the cell values you need to add 1 with double clicking. Then click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the popping up Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Add 1 to a cell value with double clicking
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + 1 Cancel = True End If End Sub
Note: In the code, A1 is the cell you will add number 1 to with double clicking.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Now, double click on cell A1 will add 1 to the existing value as below screenshot shown.
- How to auto add/enter current date/time in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
- How to add check mark in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)