How to double click a cell and add 1 to that cell value in Excel?
This article will show you method of add 1 to a cell value automatically with double clicking it in Excel.
The following VBA code can help you add 1 to a cell value after double clicking. Please do as follows.
1. Right click the sheet tab which the cell values you need to add 1 with double clicking. Then click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the popping up Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Add 1 to a cell value with double clicking
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + 1 Cancel = True End If End Sub
Note: In the code, A1 is the cell you will add number 1 to with double clicking.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Now, double click on cell A1 will add 1 to the existing value as below screenshot shown.
- How to auto add/enter current date/time in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
- How to add check mark in a cell with double clicking in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!