Increase or decrease cell number by percentage with formula
You can increase cell number by formula =number*(1+percent), or decrease by formula =number*(1-percent).
1. Select a blank cell for placing the result, for increasing cell number by percentage, please enter formula =A2*(1+B2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
1). A2 and B2 are cells containing the certain cell value and percentage in the worksheet. You can change them as you need.
2). For decreasing cell number by percentage, please use this formula =A2*(1-B2).
2. Keep selecting the result cell, then drag the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells until getting all results.
Increase or decrease cell number by percentage with Paste Special
Also, you can Increase or decrease cell number by percentage with the Paste Special feature in Excel.
1. Firstly, you need to change the certain percentage to number 1+percentage or 1-percentage. For example, for increasing or decreasing cell number by 20%, please change 20% to 1.2 (1+0.2) or 0.8 (1-0.2), then go ahead to the following steps.
2. Copy the percentage you have changed above with pressing the Ctrl + C keys, select and right-click the cell numbers you will increase or decrease, then select Paste Special > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, select the Multiply option in the Operation section, and then click the OK button.
Then the cell numbers are increased or decreased by a certain percentage immediately.
Batch increase or decrease cell numbers by percentage with Kutools for Excel
You can use the Operation tools of Kutools for Excel to batch increase or decrease all selected cell numbers by certain percentage in Excel.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.