How to increase or decrease cell number/value by percentage in Excel?
This article is talking about increasing or decreasing cell number by percentage in Excel as below screenshot shown. Please try the following methods.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can increase cell number by formula =number*(1+percent), or decrease by formula =number*(1-percent).
1. Select a blank cell for placing the result, for increasing cell number by percentage, please enter formula =A2*(1+B2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
1. A2 and B2 are cells containing the certain cell value and percentage in the worksheet. You can change them as you need.
2. For decreasing cell number by percentage, please use this formula =A2*(1-B2).
2. Keep selecting the result cell, then drag the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells until getting all results.
Also, you can Increase or decrease cell number by percentage with the Paste Special feature in Excel.
1. Firstly, you need to change the certain percentage to number 1+percentage or 1-percentage. For example, for increasing or decreasing cell number by 20%, please change 20% to 1.2 (1+0.2) or 0.8 (1-0.2), then go ahead to the following steps.
2. Copy the percentage you have changed above with pressing the Ctrl + C keys, select and right-click the cell numbers you will increase or decrease, then select Paste Special > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, select the Multiply option in the Operation section, and then click the OK button.
Then the cell numbers are increased or decreased by a certain percentage immediately.
You can use the Operation tools of Kutools for Excel to batch increase or decrease all selected cell numbers by certain percentage in Excel.
1. Select the cells which you need to increase the numbers by percentage, then click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Multiplication in the Operation box, then enter 1+percentage or 1-percentage into the Operand box, and click the OK button.
Then all selected cell numbers are increased or decreased by given percentage immediately.
Note: You can check one or both of the Create formulas and Skip formula cells boxes as you need.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.