How to increase or decrease cell number/value by percentage in Excel?
This article is talking about increasing or decreasing cell number by percentage in Excel as below screenshot shown. Please try the following methods.
Increase or decrease cell number by percentage with formula
Increase or decrease cell number by percentage with Paste Special
Batch increase or decrease cell numbers by percentage with Kutools for Excel
You can increase cell number by formula =number*(1+percent), or decrease by formula =number*(1-percent).
1. Select a blank cell for placing the result, for increasing cell number by percentage, please enter formula =A2*(1+B2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Keep selecting the result cell, then drag the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells until getting all results.
Also, you can Increase or decrease cell number by percentage with the Paste Special feature in Excel.
1. Firstly, you need to change the certain percentage to number 1+percentage or 1-percentage. For example, for increasing or decreasing cell number by 20%, please change 20% to 1.2 (1+0.2) or 0.8 (1-0.2), then go ahead to the following steps.
2. Copy the percentage you have changed above with pressing the Ctrl + C keys, select and right-click the cell numbers you will increase or decrease, then select Paste Special > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, select the Multiply option in the Operation section, and then click the OK button.
Then the cell numbers are increased or decreased by a certain percentage immediately.
You can use the Operation tools of Kutools for Excel to batch increase or decrease all selected cell numbers by certain percentage in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells which you need to increase the numbers by percentage, then click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Multiplication in the Operation box, then enter 1+percentage or 1-percentage into the Operand box, and click the OK button.
Then all selected cell numbers are increased or decreased by given percentage immediately.
Note: You can check one or both of the Create formulas and Skip formula cells boxes as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!