How to increase or decrease cell number/value by percentage in Excel?
This article is talking about increasing or decreasing cell number by percentage in Excel as below screenshot shown. Please try the following methods.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can increase cell number by formula =number*(1+percent), or decrease by formula =number*(1-percent).
1. Select a blank cell for placing the result, for increasing cell number by percentage, please enter formula =A2*(1+B2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
1. A2 and B2 are cells containing the certain cell value and percentage in the worksheet. You can change them as you need.
2. For decreasing cell number by percentage, please use this formula =A2*(1-B2).
2. Keep selecting the result cell, then drag the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells until getting all results.
Also, you can Increase or decrease cell number by percentage with the Paste Special feature in Excel.
1. Firstly, you need to change the certain percentage to number 1+percentage or 1-percentage. For example, for increasing or decreasing cell number by 20%, please change 20% to 1.2 (1+0.2) or 0.8 (1-0.2), then go ahead to the following steps.
2. Copy the percentage you have changed above with pressing the Ctrl + C keys, select and right-click the cell numbers you will increase or decrease, then select Paste Special > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, select the Multiply option in the Operation section, and then click the OK button.
Then the cell numbers are increased or decreased by a certain percentage immediately.
You can use the Operation tools of Kutools for Excel to batch increase or decrease all selected cell numbers by certain percentage in Excel.
1. Select the cells which you need to increase the numbers by percentage, then click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Multiplication in the Operation box, then enter 1+percentage or 1-percentage into the Operand box, and click the OK button.
Then all selected cell numbers are increased or decreased by given percentage immediately.
Note: You can check one or both of the Create formulas and Skip formula cells boxes as you need.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.