How to convert decimal hours/minutes to time format in Excel?
In some cases, you may record time as decimal hours or minutes such as this 31.23, how can you convert this decimal hours or decimal minutes to standard time format hh:mm:ss as below screenshot shown. In this article, I introduce some tricks for you to quickly finish this conversion in Excel.
Here are some simple formulas which can help you to quickly convert decimal hours or decimal minutes to hh:mm:ss.
1. Select a blank cell which you want to output the converted result, and enter this formula =A2/24, drag fill handle over the cells you need. See screenshot:
2. Keep the formula cells highlighted, and right click to show context menu and select Format Cells. And in the Format Cells dialog, select Time from the Category list, and choose one time type as you need from right section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the decimal hours have been converted to time format.
Note: if you want to convert decimal minutes to time format, you can apply this formula =A2/1440, and then format the cells as the time format you want. If you want to convet seconds to time, use this formula =A2/86400. See screenshot:
If you want to convert time in format hh:mm:ss to decimal hours, minutes or seconds, the Convert Time utility of Kutools for Excel to quickly solve this job.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the time cells you want to convert, click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Time to Hours/Time to Minutes/Time to Seconds.
If you want to save the converted result in another location, click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Convert Time, then in the popping dialog, check the operation as you need, and select one cell to place the result.
Easily add days/years/month/hours/minutes/seconds to a datetime in Excel
|Supposing you have a date time format data in a cell, and now you need to add a number of days, years, months, hours, minutes, or seconds to this date. Normally, using formula is the first method for all Excel users, but it’s hard to remember all formulas. With Kutools for Excel’s Date & Time Helper utility, you can easily add days, years, months, or hours, minutes or seconds to a date time, moreover, you can caculate the date difference, or the age based on a given birthday without remembering the formula at all. Click for full-featured free trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!