How to display date format in combo box output in Excel?
Supposing you have added a date list into a combo box. When selecting date from the combo box, the date will be displayed as series number in the combo box as below screenshot shown. How to display date format in combo box output in Excel? You can try the method in this article.
The below VBA code can help you displaying date format in combo box output in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Make sure the Design Mode is turned on under the Developer tab. See screenshot:
2. Right click the combo box with date you need to display as date format, then click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
3. Then the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops up, please replace the original VBA code in the Code window with the below VBA code.
VBA code: Display date format in combo box output in Excel
Private Sub ComboBox1_Click() ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.Value = Format(ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.Value, "mm/dd/yyyy") End Sub
Note: in the code, ComboBox1 is the name of the combo box, “mm/dd/yyyy” is the date format you will display in the combo box output.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
From now on, when selecting date from the Combo Box, it will be displayed as specified date format in the output instead of series number as below screenshot shown.
- How to copy Combo Box value to active cell in Excel?
- How to hide or unhide a Command Button based on specified cell value in Excel?
- How to open a specific worksheet by the selected value of a Combo Box in Excel?
- How to prevent or disable typing in a combo box in Excel?
- How to tab out of combo box to select specific cell in Excel?