How to display date format in combo box output in Excel?
Supposing you have added a date list into a combo box. When selecting date from the combo box, the date will be displayed as series number in the combo box as below screenshot shown. How to display date format in combo box output in Excel? You can try the method in this article.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The below VBA code can help you displaying date format in combo box output in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Make sure the Design Mode is turned on under the Developer tab. See screenshot:
2. Right click the combo box with date you need to display as date format, then click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
3. Then the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops up, please replace the original VBA code in the Code window with the below VBA code.
VBA code: Display date format in combo box output in Excel
Private Sub ComboBox1_Click() ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.Value = Format(ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.Value, "mm/dd/yyyy") End Sub
Note: in the code, ComboBox1 is the name of the combo box, “mm/dd/yyyy” is the date format you will display in the combo box output.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
From now on, when selecting date from the Combo Box, it will be displayed as specified date format in the output instead of series number as below screenshot shown.
- How to copy Combo Box value to active cell in Excel?
- How to hide or unhide a Command Button based on specified cell value in Excel?
- How to open a specific worksheet by the selected value of a Combo Box in Excel?
- How to prevent or disable typing in a combo box in Excel?
- How to tab out of combo box to select specific cell in Excel?