How to open a specific worksheet by the selected value of a Combo Box in Excel?
Supposing you have a Combo Box which contains all sheet names of current workbook as below screenshot shown. And now, you want to open a specific worksheet when selecting the corresponding sheet name in a Combo Box. How to achieve it? The method in this article can help you.
The below VBA code can help you to go to a specific worksheet based on the Combo Box selection in Excel. Please do as follows.
Note: If the Combo Box does not contain any sheet name in your worksheet, please follow the below tip to quickly add all sheet names to that Combo Box. And if there is already a Combo Box containing all sheet names, please shift to the step 1 directly.
Tip: Insert a Command Button 1 in your worksheet, right click it and select View Code from the right clicking menu. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window, and press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window. Click the inserted Command Button, then all sheet names of current workbook will be added into the ComboBox1 automatically.
VBA code: Easily add all sheet names into a Combo Box
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Me.ComboBox1.Clear Dim strWs As String Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count Me.ComboBox1.AddItem Sheets(i).Name Next End Sub
If there is already a Combo Box containing all sheet names, please do as follow.
2. Right click the combo box with sheet names, then click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
3. Then the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops up, please replace the original VBA code in the Code window with the below VBA code.
VBA code: Open a specific worksheet by selected value of Combo Box
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Dim actWsh As String actWsh = ComboBox1.Text Worksheets(actWsh).Select End Sub
Note: in the code, ComboBox1 is the name of the combo box which contains the sheet names.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
Now, when selecting any worksheet name in the Combo Box, the corresponding worksheet will be opened automatically.
Easily list all sheet names of current workbook in Excel:
Using sheet index in your workbook helps you manage your worksheets in ease. With the Create List of Sheet Names utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily create a sheet index containing all sheet names in current workbook. After that, you can quickly shift to a certain worksheet by just clicking the sheet name in the Index worksheet. See below screenshot:
Download and try it now! (30-day free trail)
- How to copy Combo Box value to active cell in Excel?
- How to display date format in combo box output in Excel?
- How to hide or unhide a Command Button based on specified cell value in Excel?
- How to prevent or disable typing in a combo box in Excel?
- How to tab out of combo box to select specific cell in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!