How to tab out of combo box to select specific cell in Excel?
In many cases, you may need to edit a specific cell directly after selecting value from the Combo Box. But you have to shift to that cell with your mouse. How about directly shift to that cell with pressing the Tab key after selecting value from the Combo Box? This article will show you method.
Enable you to do smarter, faster and better
The below VBA code can help you shifting to a specific cell with the Tab key after selecting value from a Combo Box. Please do as follows.
1. To turn on the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
2. Right click the Combo Box you will shift to a certain cell with Tab key after selecting value from, then click View Code from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please replace the original code in the Code window with the below VBA code.
VBA code: tab out of Combo Box to select specific cell in Excel
Private Sub ComboBox1_KeyDown(ByVal Keycode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal shift As Integer) If Keycode = 9 Then Range("E4").Activate End If End Sub
Note: In the code, ComboBox1 is the name of the Combo Box you will select value from. And E4 is the cell you want go to directly with the Tab key after selecting value from the ComboBox1. You can change them as you need.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
From now on, pressing the Tab key will go to the specific cell immediately after selecting value from the Combo Box.
- How to copy Combo Box value to active cell in Excel?
- How to display date format in combo box output in Excel?
- How to hide or unhide a Command Button based on specified cell value in Excel?
- How to open a specific worksheet by the selected value of a Combo Box in Excel?
- How to prevent or disable typing in a combo box in Excel?