How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
While working in Microsoft Excel, you may face the problem of saving active worksheet as PDF file. In this article, you can learn how to save active worksheet as PDF file with VBA code through a Command Button. And if you also want to save a range or each worksheet in active workbook as individual PDF file, this article can also help you.
You can run the following VBA code to save an active worksheet as PDF file by clicking on a Command Button. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly, you need to create a folder named PDF for saving your new converted PDF file. Here I create this folder in my local disc (C:).
2. Please insert a Command Button by clicking Developer > Insert > Command Button (ActiveX Control). See screenshot:
2. Then draw a Command Button in to the worksheet you need to add new rows, right click the Command Button and click Properties from the right-clicking menu.
3. In the Properties dialog box, enter the displayed text of the Command Button into the Caption box under the Categorized tab, and then close the dialog box.
You can see the displayed text of the Command Button is changed as below screenshot shown.
4. Right click the Command Button again, and then click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
5. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please replace the original code in the Code window with the following VBA code.
VBA code: Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, _ Filename:="C:\PDF\Export.pdf", _ OpenAfterPublish:=False Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
Note: In the code, CommandButton1 is the Command Button name you will use to save active sheet as PDF file. "C:\PDF\Export.pdf" is the path and name of your saving PDF file.
6. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window. Then turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
Now, click on the Command Button, the active worksheet will be saved as a PDF file named Export and located in the specified location.
Here recommend the Split Workbook utility of Kutools for Excel to easily save active worksheet as a PDF file. Besides, you can also save each worksheet in current workbook as individual PDF file with this utility.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. In the workbook you need to save each worksheet as individual PDF file, then click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Split Workbook. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Workbook dialog box, please configure as follows:
Then the selected worksheet is saved as PDF file immediately.
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?
- How to format cell to look like a 3D button in Excel?
- How to hide or unhide a Command Button based on specified cell value in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!