How to swap or reverse day and month of date in Excel?
Supposing you need to reverse the day and month in a range of date as below screenshot shown, how to achieve it? This article will show you two methods to solve this problem.
You can customize the date formatting to swap or reverse day and month of date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the date cells you will swap the days and months, and then press the Ctrl + 1 keys to open the Format Cells dialog box.
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, please click Custom in the Category box under Number tab. If the original date formatting is m/d/yyyy, please enter d/m/yyyy into the Type box, and if the original date formatting is d/m/yyyy, please enter m/d/yyyy into the Type box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the day and month are swapped in selected date cells.
This section will recommend you the Apply Date Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily swap day and month of date with only several clicks.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the date range you need to swap the day and month, then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, please specify such as 14/3/2001 or other matched date format in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all days and months of selected dates are swapped immediately as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!