How to swap or reverse day and month of date in Excel?
Supposing you need to reverse the day and month in a range of date as below screenshot shown, how to achieve it? This article will show you two methods to solve this problem.
You can customize the date formatting to swap or reverse day and month of date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the date cells you will swap the days and months, and then press the Ctrl + 1 keys to open the Format Cells dialog box.
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, please click Custom in the Category box under Number tab. If the original date formatting is m/d/yyyy, please enter d/m/yyyy into the Type box, and if the original date formatting is d/m/yyyy, please enter m/d/yyyy into the Type box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the day and month are swapped in selected date cells.
This section will recommend you the Apply Date Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily swap day and month of date with only several clicks.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the date range you need to swap the day and month, then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, please specify such as 14/3/2001 or other matched date format in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all days and months of selected dates are swapped immediately as below screenshot shown.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoVery good!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIs there a way to swap the data and month VALUE? Not just the formatting. When I paste date values from a text file or PDF, Excel auto-interprets the values incorrectly. I.e. 02-03-2019 is imported as 03rd Feb instead of 02nd Mar. Simply changing the formatting does not fix this problem.