How to swap or reverse day and month of date in Excel?
Supposing you need to reverse the day and month in a range of date as below screenshot shown, how to achieve it? This article will show you two methods to solve this problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can customize the date formatting to swap or reverse day and month of date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the date cells you will swap the days and months, and then press the Ctrl + 1 keys to open the Format Cells dialog box.
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, please click Custom in the Category box under Number tab. If the original date formatting is m/d/yyyy, please enter d/m/yyyy into the Type box, and if the original date formatting is d/m/yyyy, please enter m/d/yyyy into the Type box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the day and month are swapped in selected date cells.
This section will recommend you the Apply Date Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily swap day and month of date with only several clicks.
1. Select the date range you need to swap the day and month, then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, please specify such as 14/3/2001 or other matched date format in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all days and months of selected dates are swapped immediately as below screenshot shown.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoVery good!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIs there a way to swap the data and month VALUE? Not just the formatting. When I paste date values from a text file or PDF, Excel auto-interprets the values incorrectly. I.e. 02-03-2019 is imported as 03rd Feb instead of 02nd Mar. Simply changing the formatting does not fix this problem.