How to change cell value by clicking on the cell?
Is it possible for us to change cell value by clicking on a cell in Excel? For example, when you click a specific cell A1, the first time, it shows a text “Excel”, if you click the A1 again, a text “Word” is displayed, and a text “Outlook” is displayed when you click this cell in the third time. In this case, the value in cell A1 will be recurrent from “Excel” to “Word” to “Outlook” to “Excel” …… as following screenshot shown:
To finish this task in Excel, the following VBA code may help you, please do as follows:
1. Right click the sheet tab that you want to change cell value by clicking on, and choose View Code from the context menu, and in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Change cell value by clicking on a cell:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'Updateby Extendoffice Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Address = Range("A1").Address Then Select Case .Value Case "Excel" .Value = "Word" Case "Word" .Value = "Outlook" Case "Outlook" .Value = "Excel" Case Else .Value = "Word" End Select End If End With Range("A2").Select Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub
Note: In the above code, A1 is the cell where you want to change value by clicking, “Excel”, “Word”, “Outlook” are the cell values you want to displayed recurrently, you can change them to your need.
2. After pasting the code, then save the code and close the window. Now, when you click the cell A1 at first time, the text “Excel” is displayed at once, click it again, the text “Word” is appeared, the text “Outlook” is shown if you click it at the third time, see screenshot:
More related articles:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!