In many cases, you make need to protect some specific cells from editing even selecting in a worksheet. In this article, we will show you how to make specific cells unselectable in a worksheet in details.
Please do as follows to make specific cells unselectable in an Excel worksheet.
1. Click the button at the top left corner of worksheet to select all cells. Then press the Ctrl + 1 keys simultaneously to open the Format Cells dialog box.
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now you need to only select the specific cells which you don’t want to be selected, then press the Ctrl + 1 keys to open the Format Cells dialog box again.
4. In the Format Cells dialog box, check the Locked box under the Protection tab, and then click the OK button.
5. Now please protect your worksheet by clicking Review > Protect Sheet. See screenshot:
6. In the Protect Sheet dialog box, specify a password to protect the worksheet, uncheck the Select locked cells box, and then click the OK button. Go ahead to confirm your password in the Confirm Password dialog box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the worksheet is protected, and the specific cells in this worksheet are unselectable.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.