How to make specific cells unselectable in Excel?
In many cases, you make need to protect some specific cells from editing even selecting in a worksheet. In this article, we will show you how to make specific cells unselectable in a worksheet in details.
Please do as follows to make specific cells unselectable in an Excel worksheet.
1. Click the button at the top left corner of worksheet to select all cells. Then press the Ctrl + 1 keys simultaneously to open the Format Cells dialog box.
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now you need to only select the specific cells which you don’t want to be selected, then press the Ctrl + 1 keys to open the Format Cells dialog box again.
4. In the Format Cells dialog box, check the Locked box under the Protection tab, and then click the OK button.
5. Now please protect your worksheet by clicking Review > Protect Sheet. See screenshot:
6. In the Protect Sheet dialog box, specify a password to protect the worksheet, uncheck the Select locked cells box, and then click the OK button. Go ahead to confirm your password in the Confirm Password dialog box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the worksheet is protected, and the specific cells in this worksheet are unselectable.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!