How to allow edit objects in protected worksheet in Excel?
By default, the inserted objects such as shapes, text boxes cannot be edited after protecting the worksheet. If you need to edit objects in a protected worksheet, please try the methods in this article.
Please check the Edit Objects option to allow editing objects before protecting the worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Click Review > Protect Sheet.
2. In the Protect Sheet dialog box, specify a password in the Password to unprotect sheet box, and check the Edit objects box in the Allow all users of this worksheet to box, then click the OK button. Confirm your password in the Confirm Password dialog box. See screenshot:
Now the worksheet is protected and all objects in this protected worksheet are editable.
If the worksheet has already been protected, you can try the below VBA script to allow edit objects. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisWorkbook in the left Project pane. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the ThisWorkbook (Code) window.
VBA code: Allow edit objects in protected worksheet
Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.ScreenUpdating = False On Error Resume Next With Worksheets("Sheet3") .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True .Protect Password:="123", _ Contents:=True, DrawingObjects:=False, UserInterfaceOnly:=True, _ AllowFormattingCells:=True End With Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
Note: In the code, Sheet3 is the protected worksheet contains the objects you need to edit. And number “123” is the password of the protected sheet. Please change them as you need.
3. Press the F5 keys to run the code, and all objects in this protected worksheet are editable immediately.
- How to allow external data refresh in protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to allow merge cells within protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to allow spell check in a protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to protect cell formatting but only allow data entry in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!