How to allow edit objects in protected worksheet in Excel?
By default, the inserted objects such as shapes, text boxes cannot be edited after protecting the worksheet. If you need to edit objects in a protected worksheet, please try the methods in this article.
Please check the Edit Objects option to allow editing objects before protecting the worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Click Review > Protect Sheet.
2. In the Protect Sheet dialog box, specify a password in the Password to unprotect sheet box, and check the Edit objects box in the Allow all users of this worksheet to box, then click the OK button. Confirm your password in the Confirm Password dialog box. See screenshot:
Now the worksheet is protected and all objects in this protected worksheet are editable.
Allow edit objects in protected worksheet with VBA code
If the worksheet has already been protected, you can try the below VBA script to allow edit objects. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisWorkbook in the left Project pane. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the ThisWorkbook (Code) window.
VBA code: Allow edit objects in protected worksheet
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
On Error Resume Next
.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
.Protect Password:="123", _
Contents:=True, DrawingObjects:=False, UserInterfaceOnly:=True, _
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Note: In the code, Sheet3 is the protected worksheet contains the objects you need to edit. And number “123” is the password of the protected sheet. Please change them as you need.
3. Press the F5 keys to run the code, and all objects in this protected worksheet are editable immediately.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.