How to allow merge cells within protected worksheet in Excel?
By default, a protected worksheet does not allow users to merge cells. However, you can merge cells within protected worksheet with VBA method as we provide in this article.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please run the below VBA code to merge selected cells within protected worksheet in Excel.
1. Select cells you need to merge in the protected worksheet.
2. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Allow merge cells within protected worksheet
Sub MyMergeCells() Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Unprotect "123" Selection.Merge ActiveSheet.Protect "123" Application.ScreenUpdating = true End Sub
Note: In the code, number “123” is the password of the protected worksheet. Please change it as you need.
4. Press the F5 key to run the code. And click the OK button in the popping up Microsoft Excel dialog box. See screenshot:
Now the selected cells are merged immediately in the protected worksheet.
- How to allow edit objects in protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to allow external data refresh in protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to allow spell check in a protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to protect cell formatting but only allow data entry in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoHow do you use this code but protects certain items and not just protects all of the items?