How to allow merge cells within protected worksheet in Excel?
By default, a protected worksheet does not allow users to merge cells. However, you can merge cells within protected worksheet with VBA method as we provide in this article.
Please run the below VBA code to merge selected cells within protected worksheet in Excel.
1. Select cells you need to merge in the protected worksheet.
2. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Allow merge cells within protected worksheet
Sub MyMergeCells() Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Unprotect "123" Selection.Merge ActiveSheet.Protect "123" Application.ScreenUpdating = true End Sub
Note: In the code, number “123” is the password of the protected worksheet. Please change it as you need.
4. Press the F5 key to run the code. And click the OK button in the popping up Microsoft Excel dialog box. See screenshot:
Now the selected cells are merged immediately in the protected worksheet.
- How to allow edit objects in protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to allow external data refresh in protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to allow spell check in a protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to protect cell formatting but only allow data entry in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow do you use this code but protects certain items and not just protects all of the items?