How to insert and edit a power view map in Excel?
Suppose you have a table listing some countries and revenues, you want to display them in a map as below screenshot shown, how can you solve it in Excel? Here I am going to tell you how to insert and edit a Power View map in Excel.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
Before inserting a Power View map, you may need to enable Power View feature first (How to insert or show Power View in Excel?).
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
Note: Power View feature only works in Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
Insert Power View map
1. Select the range you want to create a map, click Insert > Power View. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Power View dialog, check Create a Power View Sheet option or the other option as you need. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, and a new Power view sheet has been created with the selection contents, and the Power View tab displayed in ribbon as well. See screenshot:
4. Click on the range to display the Design tab, and then click Design > Map. See screenshot:
5. A warning message will be added above the sheet, please click Enable Content to go ahead.
Then a map has been inserted in the sheet. See screenshot:
Adjust and edit Power View Map
Enlarge or shrink the map as you need by dragging the corner of the map. See screenshot:
Place mouse at the above of the map to adds a title for the map.
Add data labels to the map by clicking Layout > Data Labels, choose one type as you need./p>
Choose the map background as you need by clicking Layout > Map Background. See screenshot:
Filter data in the map. Go to right Filters pane, under Map section, check the data you want to filter.
Filter by country name
Filter by revenue
- Change chart color based on value in Excel
- How to auto update a chart after entering new data in Excel?