How to insert and edit a power view map in Excel?
Suppose you have a table listing some countries and revenues, you want to display them in a map as below screenshot shown, how can you solve it in Excel? Here I am going to tell you how to insert and edit a Power View map in Excel.
Insert and edit a Power View map
Insert and edit a Power View map
Before inserting a Power View map, you may need to enable Power View feature first (How to insert or show Power View in Excel?).
Note: Power View feature only works in Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
Insert Power View map
1. Select the range you want to create a map, click Insert > Power View. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Power View dialog, check Create a Power View Sheet option or the other option as you need. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, and a new Power view sheet has been created with the selection contents, and the Power View tab displayed in ribbon as well. See screenshot:
4. Click on the range to display the Design tab, and then click Design > Map. See screenshot:
5. A warning message will be added above the sheet, please click Enable Content to go ahead.
Then a map has been inserted in the sheet. See screenshot:
Adjust and edit Power View Map
Enlarge or shrink the map as you need by dragging the corner of the map. See screenshot:
Place mouse at the above of the map to adds a title for the map.
Add data labels to the map by clicking Layout > Data Labels, choose one type as you need./p>
Choose the map background as you need by clicking Layout > Map Background. See screenshot:
Filter data in the map. Go to right Filters pane, under Map section, check the data you want to filter.
Filter by country name
Filter by revenue
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!