How to insert and edit a power view map in Excel?
Suppose you have a table listing some countries and revenues, you want to display them in a map as below screenshot shown, how can you solve it in Excel? Here I am going to tell you how to insert and edit a Power View map in Excel.
Before inserting a Power View map, you may need to enable Power View feature first (How to insert or show Power View in Excel?).
Note: Power View feature only works in Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
Insert Power View map
1. Select the range you want to create a map, click Insert > Power View. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Power View dialog, check Create a Power View Sheet option or the other option as you need. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, and a new Power view sheet has been created with the selection contents, and the Power View tab displayed in ribbon as well. See screenshot:
4. Click on the range to display the Design tab, and then click Design > Map. See screenshot:
5. A warning message will be added above the sheet, please click Enable Content to go ahead.
Then a map has been inserted in the sheet. See screenshot:
Adjust and edit Power View Map
Enlarge or shrink the map as you need by dragging the corner of the map. See screenshot:
Place mouse at the above of the map to adds a title for the map.
Add data labels to the map by clicking Layout > Data Labels, choose one type as you need./p>
Choose the map background as you need by clicking Layout > Map Background. See screenshot:
Filter data in the map. Go to right Filters pane, under Map section, check the data you want to filter.
Filter by country name
Filter by revenue
- Change chart color based on value in Excel
- How to auto update a chart after entering new data in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!