How to break chart links to source data in Excel?
In general, the chart will change automatically when we modify the source data. However, in some cases I want to keep the chart still when the source data changes. Here, this article will show you the easy way to break chart links to their source data in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This method will introduce a VBA to quickly break the links between all charts and their source data in an Excel worksheet. Please do as follows:
1. Enable the specified worksheet where you want to break all chart links, and press Alt + F11 keys together to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste the VBA into the new module window.
VBA: Break all chart links in a worksheet
Sub BreakChartLinks() Dim I As Long Dim xChartCount As Long Dim xLinkArr As Variant Dim xSerColl As Variant xLinkArr = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(xlLinkTypeExcelLinks) If Not IsEmpty(xLinkArr) Then For I = LBound(xLinkArr) To UBound(xLinkArr) ActiveWorkbook.BreakLink xLinkArr(I), xlLinkTypeExcelLinks Next I End If xChartCount = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Count If xChartCount <> 0 Then For I = 1 To xChartCount ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(I).Activate For Each xSerColl In ActiveChart.SeriesCollection xSerColl.Values = xSerColl.Values xSerColl.XValues = xSerColl.XValues xSerColl.Name = xSerColl.Name Next Next End If End Sub
3. Press F5 key or click the Run button to run this VBA.
Now you will see all chart links are broken to their source data in the current worksheet.