How to add comment to a data point in an Excel chart?
For example, you have created a column chart as below screenshot shown. Now you want to add a comment for a certain data point in the chart, how could you handle it? Here, in this article, I will show you the detailed steps to add a comment to a data point in an Excel chart easily.
This method will guide you to add a comment to a data point in an existing Excel chart. Please do as follows:
1. Click twice to select the specified data point, right-click it, and then select Add Data Label > Add Data Label in the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Now the data label is added above the specified data point. Please drag the data label to the proper place as you need.
3. Right-click the data label and select Change Data Label Shape in the context menu, and then click a shape from the submenu. See screenshot:
4. Type the comment content in the data label shape as you need.
Now you will see a comment is added for the specified data point in the existing chart. See screenshot:
Note: This method works well in Excel 2013 and 2016.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months ago“You're the best.” First of all, thank you for your comments and suggestions that allowed us to greatly improve the quality of the manuscript.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoThis comment is nice and excellent. To get the start deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoReally Thanks for this helpful tips.