How to switch between X and Y axis in scatter chart?
For example, you have created a scatter chart as below screenshot shown. Now you want to switch between the X axis and the Y axis, how could you handle it quickly in Excel? This article will show you an easy solution.
To switch between the X and Y axis in a scatter chart in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Right-click the scatter chart and click Select Data in the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popping out Select Data Source dialog box, please click to highlight the Y column, and then click the Edit button in the Legend Entries (Series) section. See screenshot:
3. Now the Edit Series dialog box comes out. Please swap the Series X values and Series Y values, and then click the OK buttons successively to close both dialog boxes.
Now you will see the X axis and the Y axis are switched in the scatter chart. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!