How to automatically protect all worksheets when closing the Excel workbook?
Normally, you can manually protect a worksheet or the whole workbook by password with the Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook feature in Excel. But if you want to protect all worksheets automatically with password upon workbook closing, what can you do? This article will show you a VBA method to achieve it.
To automatically protect all worksheets when closing workbook, please apply the following VBA code.
1. In the workbook you want to protect all worksheets when closing the file, please press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double-click the ThisWorkbook in the left pane, and then copy below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Protect all worksheets when closing the workbook
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) 'Update by Extendoffice 2018/1/24 Dim xSheet As Worksheet Dim xPsw As String xPsw = "" For Each xSheet In Worksheets xSheet.Protect xPsw Next End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Sheets("Sheet1").Protect "123" ActiveWorkbook.Save End Sub
3. Then press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
After the above step, all worksheets or specified worksheet will be protected automatically when closing the workbook.
- How to use drop down list in a protected worksheet in Excel?
- How to lock specified cells without protecting the whole worksheet in Excel?
- How to hide formula but display the result without protecting worksheet in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!