Three methods to insert barcode into cells based on certain value in Excel
Have you ever confused of generating barcode into cells based on specific value? This article provides three methods for you to handle this problem.
Method B: Insert barcode into cells based on cell value with barcode font
Method C: Batch insert barcode into cells based on cell value easily with an awesome feature
The Microsoft Barcode Control can help to insert barcode into cell with specific value. Please do as follows.
1. Click Developer > Insert > More Controls.
2. In the More Controls window, find and select the Microsoft Barcode Control option and click the OK button.
Note: You may notice that there are different types of barcode control. That’s depend on your Excel version.
3. Now draw a barcode on your worksheet. Then right click on it and select Microsoft Barcode Control Object > Properties.
4. In the Microsoft Barcode Control Properties window, specify the options as you need, and then click the OK button.
5. Right click the barcode again and select Properties from the context menu. In the Properties window, enter the corresponding value into the Value box that you want to show in the barcode, and then close the window.
Now a barcode is generated.
Batch Insert Barcode Into Cells Based On Cell Value In Excel:
The Insert Barcode utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily insert barcode into cells in bulk with only several clicks. See below demo:
Download the full feature 30-day free trail of Kutools for Excel now!
Please do as follows to insert a barcode into cells based on given data in Excel.
1. Firstly, you need to follow the link http://www.free-barcode-font.com/ to download the barcode font into your computer.
2. Then a zipped file of the barcode font is downloaded. Please unzip the file and double-click the fre3of9x TTF file to open it.
3. In the following window, click the Install button. See screenshot:
4. After installing the first TTF file, repeat the above step 2 – 3 to install other TTF files.
5. Open the worksheet you need to insert barcodes. Select a blank cell (says B2) adjacent to the cell (says A2) contains the data you will create barcode based on. Then reference the data cell by entering formula =A2 into the formula bar. See screenshot:
6. Keep selecting cell B2, and then select Free 3 of 9 or Free 3 of 9 Extended from the Font drop-down list as below screenshot:
7. Then the first barcode is created in cell B2 based on data in A2. Please drag the Fill Handle down to get all barcodes. See screenshot:
Generally speaking, the above two methods are not convenient as the barcode control sometimes does not install in the Excel by default or the barcode font is hard to meet your barcode type needs.
1. Open the worksheet you will insert barcode into cells, and then enable the utility by clicking Kutools > Insert > Insert Barcode. See screenshot:
2. Then the Insert Barcode pane is displayed on the right side of the Excel window. Please do as follows:
- Select the type of barcode that you want to insert from the Barcode type drop-down list. You can click the Preview Barcode button to preview the selected barcode type in advance.
- Move down to the Data section, select the range containing the value you will insert barcode based on in the Data Range box, and select the range to place the barcode in the Insert Range box.
- Specify the validation, line height, direction, width and height for the barcode.
- Check the Show barcode number box.
- Click the Apply button.
Then barcodes based on specific cell values are generated and inserted into cells as below screenshot shown.