How to create a chart by count of values in Excel?
This method will guide you to create a normal column chart by the count of values in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the fruit column you will create a chart based on, and press Ctrl + C keys to copy.
2. Select a black cell, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste the selected column. See screenshot:
3. Keep the pasted column selected, click Data > Remove Duplicates, and then click the OK button in the popping out Remove Duplicates dialog box. See screenshot:
4. Now the Microsoft Excel dialog box comes out. Please click the OK button to close it.
5. Select the blank cell beside the first value of the pasted column, type the formula =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$24,E2) into the cell, and then drag the AutoFill Handle to other cells.
Note: In the formula =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$24,E2), $A$2:$A$24 is the fruit column in source data, and E2 is the first unique value in the pasted column.
6. Select both the pasted column and formula column, and click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart (or Column) > Clustered Column. See screenshot:
Now the clustered column chart is created based on the occurrence of each value. See screenshot:
This method will guide you to create a pivot chart based on the occurrences of values in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the source data, and click Insert > PivotChart (or PivotTable) > PivotChart. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Create PivotChart dialog box, please check the Existing Worksheet option, select the first cell of destination range, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Go to the PivotChart Fields pane, and drag the Fruit (or other filed name based on your source data) to the Axis section and Values section successively.
Note: If the type of calculation of the value field (Fruit) is not Count, please click Fruit in the Values section > Value Field Settings, next in the Value Filed Setting dialog box click to highlight Count in the Summarize value filed by section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the pivot chart is created based on the occurrences of fruits. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)