How to create a chart by count of values in Excel?
Let’s say you have a fruit table, and you want to create a chart by the occurrences of fruits in Excel, how could you deal with it? This article will introduce two solutions to solve it.
Create a normal chart by count of values in Excel
This method will guide you to create a normal column chart by the count of values in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the fruit column you will create a chart based on, and press Ctrl + C keys to copy.
2. Select a black cell, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste the selected column. See screenshot:
3. Keep the pasted column selected, click Data > Remove Duplicates, and then click the OK button in the popping out Remove Duplicates dialog box. See screenshot:
4. Now the Microsoft Excel dialog box comes out. Please click the OK button to close it.
5. Select the blank cell beside the first value of the pasted column, type the formula =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$24,E2) into the cell, and then drag the AutoFill Handle to other cells.
Note: In the formula =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$24,E2), $A$2:$A$24 is the fruit column in source data, and E2 is the first unique value in the pasted column.
6. Select both the pasted column and formula column, and click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart (or Column) > Clustered Column. See screenshot:
Now the clustered column chart is created based on the occurrence of each value. See screenshot:
Create a pivot chart by count of values in Excel
This method will guide you to create a pivot chart based on the occurrences of values in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the source data, and click Insert > PivotChart (or PivotTable) > PivotChart. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Create PivotChart dialog box, please check the Existing Worksheet option, select the first cell of destination range, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Go to the PivotChart Fields pane, and drag the Fruit (or other filed name based on your source data) to the Axis section and Values section successively.
Note: If the type of calculation of the value field (Fruit) is not Count, please click Fruit in the Values section > Value Field Settings, next in the Value Filed Setting dialog box click to highlight Count in the Summarize value filed by section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the pivot chart is created based on the occurrences of fruits. See screenshot:
Demo: Create a chart by count of values in Excel
Kutools for Excel includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in
30 days. Free Trial Now! Buy Now!
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!