How to create a chart by count of values in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This method will guide you to create a normal column chart by the count of values in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the fruit column you will create a chart based on, and press Ctrl + C keys to copy.
2. Select a black cell, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste the selected column. See screenshot:
3. Keep the pasted column selected, click Data > Remove Duplicates, and then click the OK button in the popping out Remove Duplicates dialog box. See screenshot:
4. Now the Microsoft Excel dialog box comes out. Please click the OK button to close it.
5. Select the blank cell beside the first value of the pasted column, type the formula =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$24,E2) into the cell, and then drag the AutoFill Handle to other cells.
Note: In the formula =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$24,E2), $A$2:$A$24 is the fruit column in source data, and E2 is the first unique value in the pasted column.
6. Select both the pasted column and formula column, and click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart (or Column) > Clustered Column. See screenshot:
Now the clustered column chart is created based on the occurrence of each value. See screenshot:
This method will guide you to create a pivot chart based on the occurrences of values in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the source data, and click Insert > PivotChart (or PivotTable) > PivotChart. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Create PivotChart dialog box, please check the Existing Worksheet option, select the first cell of destination range, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Go to the PivotChart Fields pane, and drag the Fruit (or other filed name based on your source data) to the Axis section and Values section successively.
Note: If the type of calculation of the value field (Fruit) is not Count, please click Fruit in the Values section > Value Field Settings, next in the Value Filed Setting dialog box click to highlight Count in the Summarize value filed by section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the pivot chart is created based on the occurrences of fruits. See screenshot: