How to insert columns left to a table in Excel?
As we know, when we add data below or right to a table, the row below the table or column right to the table will be added into the table automatically. However, when we insert a column left to a table, the column won’t be added into the table. Here, this article will introduce two solutions to insert columns left to a table in Excel.
- Insert columns left to a table by Table Columns to the Left feature
- Insert columns left to a table by Resize Table feature
You can apply the Table Columns to the Left feature to insert columns left to the active column in the table easily.
Select any cell in the first column of the specified table, right click, and select Insert > Table Columns to the Left. See screenshot:
Now you can see a blank column is added left to the active table. See screenshot:
If there are blank columns before the table, or you have inserted columns before the table as below screenshot shown, you can apply the Resize Table feature to include the columns left to the table.
1. Select any cell in the table to activate the Table Tools, and then click Design > Resize Table. See screenshot:
2. In the popping out Resize Table dialog box, please select new data range for the table, and click the OK button.
In my case, I select the original table range plus two more columns before the table. See screenshot:
Now you can see two blank columns are added left to the active table. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!