How to remove tab color in Excel?
You may have highlighted the sheet tab with specified color for standing out the worksheet in workbook. But do you know how to remove the tab color from a worksheet or all worksheets in Excel. This article will show you methods to achieve it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, it is easy for you to remove color from a sheet tab or multiple sheet tabs in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the sheet tab with color you want to remove, right click it and select Tab Color > No Color as below screenshot shown.
For multiple worksheets, please select them one by one by holding the Ctrl key.
Then color of specified worksheet will be removed from the sheet tab immediately.
You can apply VBA code to remove all tab colors at once in Excel.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the code window.
VBA code: Remove all tab colors in Excel
Sub RemoveTabColors() ‘Updated by Extendoffice 20180420 Dim xSheet As Worksheet For Each xSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets xSheet.Tab.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone Next xSheet End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
Then all tab colors are removed immediately as below screenshot shown.
- How to reference tab name in cell in Excel?
- How to make sheet tab name equal to cell value in Excel?