How to find and replace sheet tab names in Excel?
It is easy to find and replace values in cells in Excel. But is there any way to find and replace sheet names in Excel? For example, as below screenshot shown, you have multiple worksheets which contains “KTE(Sales) xxx” in the sheet name, and now you need to replace all “KTE(Sales)” with “KTE” in all related sheet names, what can you do? This article will introduce a VBA method to achieve it.
Please apply below VBA code to find and replace sheet tab names in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. And then, copy below VBA code into the code window.
VBA code: find and replace sheet tab names in Excel
Sub Find_replace_sheet_name() 'Update by Extendoffice 2018/5/24 Dim xNum As Long Dim xRepName As String Dim xNewName As String Dim xSheetName As String Dim xSheet As Worksheet xRepName = Application.InputBox("Please type in the word you will replace：", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 2) xNewName = Application.InputBox("Please type in the word you will replace with：", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 2) If xRepName = "false" Or xNewName = "false" Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ExitLab For Each xSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets xSheetName = xSheet.Name xNum = InStr(1, xSheetName, xRepName) If xNum > 0 Then xSheet.Name = Replace(xSheetName, xRepName, xNewName) End If ExitLab: Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up, please enter the words of the sheet names you will replace, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. In the second Kutools for Excel dialog box, enter the word you will replace with, and then click the OK button.
Then all related words in sheet tab names are replaced with specified one as below screenshot shown.
Note: The above code is case sensitive.
- How to find and replace all blank cells with certain number or text in Excel?
- How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
- How to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel?
- How to find value in a cell with comma separated list in Excel?
- How to find intersection of two column lists in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!