How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
As the left screenshot shown, how to replace commas with newlines within cells in Excel? Methods in this article can help you.
You can apply the Find and Replace function to replace all commas in selected cells with newlines. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells you will replace all commas with newlines. Then click Home > Find & Select > Replace. See screenshot:
Note: You can also press the Ctrl + H keys together to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the opening Find and Replace dialog box and under the Replace tab, you need to:
3. Then a Microsoft Excel prompt box pops up, please click the OK button.
4. Close the Find and Replace dialog box.
Now all commas are replaced with newlines in selected cells.
This section will introduce a VBA code to replace all commas in selected cells with newlines. Please do as follows step by step.
1. Select the cells containing the commas you need to replace with newlines, then press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Replace all commas in selected cells with newlines
Sub ReplaceComma() Dim rngCell As Range For Each rngCell In Selection rngCell.Value = Replace(rngCell, ",", vbLf) Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run the code. Then all commas in selected cells are replaced with newlines immediately.
Easily split multi-line cell contents into rows or columns in Excel:
Kutools for Excel's Split Cells utility helps you easily split cell contents by space, comma, new line or other separators into separated rows or columns in Excel. See screenshot: Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
- How to replace the last comma with and in cells in Excel?
- How to split multiline cell contents into separated rows/columns in Excel?
- How to put multiple lines of text in one cell in Excel?