How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
As the left screenshot shown, how to replace commas with newlines within cells in Excel? Methods in this article can help you.
You may interest in
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can apply the Find and Replace function to replace all commas in selected cells with newlines. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells you will replace all commas with newlines. Then click Home > Find & Select > Replace. See screenshot:
Note: You can also press the Ctrl + H keys together to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the opening Find and Replace dialog box and under the Replace tab, you need to:
2.1 Type a comma into the Find what box;
2.2 Click on the Replace with box, then press the Ctrl + Shift + J keys simultaneously;
2.3 Click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. Then a Microsoft Excel prompt box pops up, please click the OK button.
4. Close the Find and Replace dialog box.
Now all commas are replaced with newlines in selected cells.
This section will introduce a VBA code to replace all commas in selected cells with newlines. Please do as follows step by step.
1. Select the cells containing the commas you need to replace with newlines, then press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Replace all commas in selected cells with newlines
Sub ReplaceComma() Dim rngCell As Range For Each rngCell In Selection rngCell.Value = Replace(rngCell, ",", vbLf) Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run the code. Then all commas in selected cells are replaced with newlines immediately.
- How to replace the last comma with and in cells in Excel?
- How to split multiline cell contents into separated rows/columns in Excel?
- How to put multiple lines of text in one cell in Excel?