How to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel?
Normally, we are using the build-in Find and Replace function to search and replace values in Excel. Actually, you can find and replace text in Excel directly with macro code. In this article, you will learn how to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel.
Please do as follows to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the code window.
VBA code: Create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel
Sub FindandReplaceText() 'Update by Extendoffice 2018/5/24 Dim xFind As String Dim xRep As String Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg =Cells xFind = Application.InputBox("word to search:", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , 2) xRep = Application.InputBox("word to replace:", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , 2) If xFind = "False" Or xRep = "False" Then Exit Sub xRg.Replace xFind, xRep, xlPart, xlByRows, False, False, False, False End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. In the first Kutools for Excel dialog box, enter the text or value you will search and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. In the second Kutools for Excel dialog box, enter the text or value you will replace and click the OK button.
Then all specified texts are replaced with your desired text immediately.
Note: This code is applied to the active worksheet.
- How to find and replace all blank cells with certain number or text in Excel?
- How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
- How to find and replace sheet tab names in Excel?
- How to find value in a cell with comma separated list in Excel?
- How to find intersection of two column lists in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!