How to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel?
Normally, we are using the build-in Find and Replace function to search and replace values in Excel. Actually, you can find and replace text in Excel directly with macro code. In this article, you will learn how to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the code window.
VBA code: Create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel
Sub FindandReplaceText() 'Update by Extendoffice 2018/5/24 Dim xFind As String Dim xRep As String Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg =Cells xFind = Application.InputBox("word to search:", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , 2) xRep = Application.InputBox("word to replace:", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , 2) If xFind = "False" Or xRep = "False" Then Exit Sub xRg.Replace xFind, xRep, xlPart, xlByRows, False, False, False, False End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. In the first Kutools for Excel dialog box, enter the text or value you will search and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. In the second Kutools for Excel dialog box, enter the text or value you will replace and click the OK button.
Then all specified texts are replaced with your desired text immediately.
Note: This code is applied to the active worksheet.
- How to find and replace all blank cells with certain number or text in Excel?
- How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
- How to find and replace sheet tab names in Excel?
- How to find value in a cell with comma separated list in Excel?
- How to find intersection of two column lists in Excel?