How to sort dates by oldest to newest in Excel?
Excel provides a build-in function for users to sort a date list from oldest to newest or vice versa. Please do with following steps.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can sort a date list from oldest to newest or vice versa with the Excel build-in function.
1. Select the date list you will sort oldest to newest.
2. Click Data > Sort Oldest to Newest. See screenshot:
Then the selected date list is sorted from oldest to newest in Excel.
1. If you want to sort dates by newest to oldest, please click the Newest to Oldest button.
2. If different date formats such as mm/dd/yyyy and mm-dd-yyyy existing in the date list, please try the Convert to Date utility of Kutools for Excel to convert all date formats to a specified one such as mm/dd/yyyy, and then sort the dates by oldest to newest.
2.1 Select the date list and click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. See screenshot:
2.2 Then all dates in selected date list are converted to mm/dd/yyyy date format. See screenshot:
- How to sort data with merged cells in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?