How to sort dates by oldest to newest in Excel?
Excel provides a build-in function for users to sort a date list from oldest to newest or vice versa. Please do with following steps.
You can sort a date list from oldest to newest or vice versa with the Excel build-in function.
1. Select the date list you will sort oldest to newest.
2. Click Data > Sort Oldest to Newest. See screenshot:
Then the selected date list is sorted from oldest to newest in Excel.
1. If you want to sort dates by newest to oldest, please click the Newest to Oldest button.
2. If different date formats such as mm/dd/yyyy and mm-dd-yyyy existing in the date list, please try the Convert to Date utility of Kutools for Excel to convert all date formats to a specified one such as mm/dd/yyyy, and then sort the dates by oldest to newest.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
- How to sort data with merged cells in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!