How to sort dates in chronological order in Excel?
Supposing you have a date list mixed with multiple date formats as below screenshot shown. In this case, Excel can not sort them correctly by using the Sort function. But, you can convert all different date formats to a specified date format such as mm/dd/yyy first, and then sort them in chronological order, how can you achieve it? This article will show you a method to deal with it.
Enable you to do smarter, faster and better
Here we introduce the Convert to Date utility of Kutools for Excel to help you convert all dates to mm/dd/yyy date format in bulk, and then sort them in chronological order in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the date list, click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. See screenshot:
2. Then a Convert to Date dialog box is opening, and dates in the selected list are converted to mm/dd/yyyy at the same time. Please close the Convert to Date dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Keep selecting the date list, click Data > Sort Oldest to Newest or Newest to Oldest as you need to sort dates in chronological order. See screenshot:
- How to sort data with merged cells in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?