How to sort dates in chronological order in Excel?
Supposing you have a date list mixed with multiple date formats as below screenshot shown. In this case, Excel can not sort them correctly by using the Sort function. But, you can convert all different date formats to a specified date format such as mm/dd/yyy first, and then sort them in chronological order, how can you achieve it? This article will show you a method to deal with it.
Here we introduce the Convert to Date utility of Kutools for Excel to help you convert all dates to mm/dd/yyy date format in bulk, and then sort them in chronological order in Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the date list, click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date.
2. Then a Convert to Date dialog box is opening, and dates in the selected list are converted to mm/dd/yyyy at the same time. Please close the Convert to Date dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Keep selecting the date list, click Data > Sort Oldest to Newest or Newest to Oldest as you need to sort dates in chronological order. See screenshot:
- How to sort data with merged cells in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!