How to set scroll position or hide other cells in Excel?
You may need to hide unused columns and rows in order to limit the scrolling to a specific range in a worksheet. Excel does not provide a direct way to do it except for using VBA. This article is going to describe two ways to set the scroll position in Microsoft Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For the skilled and professional users, you can use VBA to set scroll position.
VBA: Set scroll position:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target _ As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True If ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "" Then ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "range" Else ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "" End If End Sub
Note: You need to type the specified range names such as A1: A10 instead of range. The above macros are used to limit the scroll area but cannot hide the other ranges except those in order to prevent accidentally modification. If you want to limit the scroll area by hiding other unselected range, please make it according to the procedures that the Method B provides.
The third party add-in Kutools for Excel can help set scroll position with one click. With the Set Scroll Area utility of Kutools for Excel, you can be easy to hide all unselected rows and columns in a specific range.
After installing Kutools for Excel, apply Set Scroll Area according to these steps:
Please apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Show/Hide > Set Scroll Area. See screenshot:
Step 1. Select the range you want to set scroll area.
Step 2. Click Kutools > Show/ Hide > Set Scroll Area, it will hide the other range, and set the scroll area for the selected range. See screenshot:
For more detailed information about Set Scroll Area, go to Set Scroll Area.