Seconds to hide rows with #N/A or other specific error values in Excel
In this article, it will provide ways to quickly hide or only display rows which contain #N/A errors or other specific errors in Excel.
- Hide rows with #N/A or other specific error values by VBA code
- Only display rows with #N/A or other specific error values by Kutools for Excel
- Other relatived articles (operations) about filtering
Error Condition Wizard
|If there are multiple types of errors in a sheet, and you want to convert these errors to empty or other values, you can apply Kutools for Excel's Error Condition Wizard to quicky handle this task. |
Click for 30 days free trial!
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
In Excel, there is no built-in function can help you, but here is a VBA I provide for you to quickly handle this job.
1. Right click at the sheet tab which contains the #N/A errors you want to hide, then select View Code.
2. Then copy and paste below code to the blank script in the popping Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
VBA: Hide #N/A error rows
Private Sub EnableErrorRow() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xRg As Range Dim xERg As Range Dim xEERg As Range Dim xFNum As Integer Dim xSreE As String xSreE = "#N/A" Set xWs = Application.ActiveSheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False On Error Resume Next With xWs Set xRg = .UsedRange For xFNum = 1 To xRg.Columns.Count Set xERg = .Columns(xFNum).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, xlErrors) xERg.Select If (Not TypeName(xERg) = "Nothing") Then For Each xEERg In xERg If (xEERg.Text = xSreE) Then xEERg.EntireRow.Hidden = True End If Next End If Next xFNum End With Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 key, then all rows contain #N/A error have been hidden.
Note: you can change #N/A to other error you want to hide in the VBA.
Tip: If you want to unhide all ranges, you can try Kutools for Excel’s Unhide All Range utility. Free Download this utility.
The Super Filter utility of Kutools for Excel provides the options for you to filter specific error values which can only display the rows with #N/A error.
Boots Your Excel With One Excel Suit
300+ professional and easy-used tools for Excel 2019-2003
After free installing Kutools for Excel (60-day free trial), please do as below steps.
1. Select the data range you use (you’d select including header), and click Kutools Plus > Super Filter to display the Super Filter pane.
2. Choose the filter criteria as below screenshot shown:
1） Select the column header you use to filter;
2） Select Error, Equals and #N/A successively in following drop down lists.
3. Click Ok > Filter, then only the rows with #N/A error value have been displayed.
With Super Filter, you can filter date/year/month/quarter/text format, click here for details.
If the Super Filter cannot gratify you, the Special Filter utility of Kutools for Excel provides some special options for you.