How to find/select minimum data/value in a range in Excel?
When you open a worksheet, there are hundreds of data in the cells, if you want to look for the minimum data, how should you do? It is tedious and time-consuming for you to pick up it one by one, normally we will select minimum data according to following procedures.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In a worksheet, select a blank cell to apply the min function, then Click Formula > Autosum > Min, and Select the range that you want to get the minimum data. See screenshot:
Then press the Enter key to get the minimum data. The minimum value will be displayed in the cell. See screenshot:
As you seen in the above screenshot, the minimum data is displaying in the cell. But with this min function, you can only get one minimum data, what if you want to know where and how many minimum data there are, this method will not go to work. To solve this matter, I will introduce you the multifunction tool Kutools for Excel.
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can quickly select the minimum data in a range with Select Cells with Max or Min Value.
Step 1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Select Tools > Select Cells with Max or Min Value. See screenshot:
Step 2. Select the range you want to work with from in the popup dialog.
Step 3. Specify what you want to look in in the drop-down box of Look in, select Minimum value under Go to option, and decide only the first cell will be showed or all cells will be showed after the operation. See screenshot:
Step 4. Click Ok. You will see the result as shown as below:
From this screenshot, we can see the exact location of the selected minimum data.
Note: All Cell option will select and locate all minimum data from the range. First Cell Only option will only select the first minimum data of the range.
For more detail information about Select Cells with Max or Min Value, please go to Select Cells with Max or Min Value.