How to open multiple workbooks automatically in Excel?
You may use some workbooks frequently. Is there a way to automatically open multiple specified workbooks when opening any Excel file? Here I will guide you to make setting for automatically opening workbooks in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you move a workbook in the XL Startup folder, this workbook will be opened automatically whenever you open an Excel workbook.
In usual this XL Startup folder is located with the path of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART .
Double click the explorer to open it, copy and paste this path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART. And press Enter key, then move the workbooks that you want to open them automatically next time into the XL Startup folder. See screenshot:
Then close the explorer, when you launch any Excel file, the workbooks in XL Startup folder will be opened automatically.
Note: You can specify an alternate startup folder in addition to the XL Start folder, do the followings:
1. Click File > Options, in the Excel Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab in the left pane, and scroll down to the General section and enter the folder name that you want to automatically the Excel files in the At startup, open all files in box. See screenshot:
2. Then click OK, when you start Excel, it automatically opens all workbooks in both the XL Start folders and the alternate folder that you specified.
If you don’t want to open these workbooks neat time, you can remove the files from the XL Start folders and delete the file path from the At startup, open all files in box.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, its Auto Open Those Workbooks Next Time tool can help us automatically open multiple specified workbooks whenever you start the Excel program.
1. Open the workbooks that you want to open them at once next time.
2. Click Enterprise > Workbook Tools > Auto Open Those Workbooks Next Time. See screenshot:
3. In the Auto Open those Workbooks Next Time dialog box, all the opened workbooks are listed in the list box, select workbooks that you want to automatically open them in future. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And all the specified workbooks will be opened automatically next time.
Note: The workbooks you need to open automatically must be saved, and they are opening in Excel.
Kutools for Excel's Auto Open Those Workbooks Next Time tool does not require users to move workbooks to a specific folder, and it supports automatically opening any workbooks no matter which folders they are in. Moreover, you can easily disable the auto opening by clicking Clear button.