How to delete all charts in Excel Workbooks?
Inserting charts is a good way to explain Excel data clearly. However, you may need to delete them from Excel workbooks sometimes. Here we introduce some methods to delete all charts in Excel workbooks easily and quickly.
- Delete all Charts in the active worksheet with VBA
- Delete all Charts in active worksheets or workbook with Kutools for Excel
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you delete each chart in Microsoft Excel one by one manually, it must be arduous and time-consuming. Using VBA Macro will make your work easier.
Step 1: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys in Excel, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click Insert >> Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
Dim chtObj As ChartObject
For Each chtObj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
Step 3: Press the F5 key to run this macro.
Note: This macro will only remove all charts in active worksheet.
Studying macros may be not easy for Microsoft Excel's common users. Please do not worry about it. Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Object…. can help you to delete all charts in the active worksheets or workbook.
Step 1: Click the Kutools >Delete Illustrations & Object….. See screenshot:
Step 2: In Delete Illustrations & Object dialog box, check the Charts option in Delete section. See screenshot:
Step 3: Check one of options in Look in section. See screenshot:
- If you need to delete all charts in active sheets, check the Active sheet option;
- If you need to delete all charts in the whole workbook, check the All sheets option;
- If you need to delete all charts in several specific worksheets, check the Selected sheets option.
In this case, I select All sheets, see screenshot:
Step 4: Click OK.
Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Object….can help us delete all charts, lines, pictures, auto shapes, smart arts, text boxes, linked OLE objects and embedded OLE objects in active worksheet, selected worksheet or all worksheets of the current workbook. Click to know more…