How to delete all charts in Excel Workbooks?
Inserting charts is a good way to explain Excel data clearly. However, you may need to delete them from Excel workbooks sometimes. Here we introduce some methods to delete all charts in Excel workbooks easily and quickly.
- Delete all Charts in the active worksheet with VBA
- Delete all Charts in active worksheets or workbook with Kutools for Excel
If you delete each chart in Microsoft Excel one by one manually, it must be arduous and time-consuming. Using VBA Macro will make your work easier.
Step 1: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys in Excel, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click Insert >> Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
Dim chtObj As ChartObject
For Each chtObj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
Step 3: Press the F5 key to run this macro.
Note: This macro will only remove all charts in active worksheet.
Studying macros may be not easy for Microsoft Excel's common users. Please do not worry about it. Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Object…. can help you to delete all charts in the active worksheets or workbook.
Step 1: Click the Kutools >Delete Illustrations & Object….. See screenshot:
Step 2: In Delete Illustrations & Object dialog box, check the Charts option in Delete section. See screenshot:
Step 3: Check one of options in Look in section. See screenshot:
- If you need to delete all charts in active sheets, check the Active sheet option;
- If you need to delete all charts in the whole workbook, check the All sheets option;
- If you need to delete all charts in several specific worksheets, check the Selected sheets option.
In this case, I select All sheets, see screenshot:
Step 4: Click OK.
Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Object….can help us delete all charts, lines, pictures, auto shapes, smart arts, text boxes, linked OLE objects and embedded OLE objects in active worksheet, selected worksheet or all worksheets of the current workbook. Click to know more…
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!