How to select same cell range on different sheets in Excel?
Is it possible to select the same cell range on different worksheets quickly? Or even input same data in same cell range on different worksheets quickly without inputting in each worksheet one by one? Yes, the following tricks will help you select same cell range on different worksheets in Microsoft Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can select the same cell ranges on different sheets with following steps:
Step 1: In Sheet Tab of Microsoft Excel, select multiple worksheets together with holding down the Ctrl key or Shift key. See the following screen shot:
Step 2: In active worksheet, select a cell range. Now you have the same cell range selected in each selected worksheet.
Tip: if you input some data in this cell range, then all of the selected worksheets will be added the same data in the same range.
Note: by doing this, it cannot make all the worksheets of current workbook point to the same row number. For example, you scroll the active worksheet to select a range (A500:G550), and all the select worksheets will have the same range selected, but it won’t locate all the selected worksheets to same row number.
Kutools for Excel's Synchronize Worksheets tool can also help you select the same cell range in all worksheets quickly.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
Step 1: Select a cell range in one worksheet.
Step 2: Click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Synchronize Worksheets. See screenshot:
Then it will synchronize all worksheets of the current workbook to have the same cell range selected, and all worksheets are pointing to the same row number.
For more detailed information about Synchronize Worksheets, please visit Synchronize Worksheets feature description.