How to fill blank cells with 0 or other specific value in Excel?
Supposing you have a large worksheet which is populated with hundreds of blank cells, and now you would like to fill the blank cells with a specific value you like, such as the number of 0. Of course, you can fill them manually or copy and paste one by one, but this is not a good choice for filling large blank cells. Today, I will introduce you some quick tricks to solve this problem.
Fill blank cells with 0 or any other specific values:
Kutools for Excel’s Fill Blank Cells feature can help you to fill blank cells with value above, with liner values, with specific values as you need.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
With Go To Special function, you can fill blank cells with whatever values you want.
1. Select the range that you want to fill blank cells.
2. Click Home > Find & Select > Go To Special…to open the Go To Special dialog box. Then choose Blanks option from Select section. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK. All of the blank cells will be selected. Please don’t do anything just input the number or text you want, and then press Ctrl + Enter keys together, and all of the blank cells have been filled with the text “null”. See screenshots:
Of course you can fill these selected blank cells with the number of 0 too.
Also you can apply the following VBA code to fill blank cells with specific value. Please do as follows:
1. Highlight the range contains multiple blank cells.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, then copy and paste the following code into the Module:
Sub FillEmptyBlankCellWithValue() Dim cell As Range Dim InputValue As String On Error Resume Next InputValue = InputBox("Enter value that will fill empty cells in selection", _ "Fill Empty Cells") For Each cell In Selection If IsEmpty(cell) Then cell.Value = InputValue End If Next End Sub
3. Click button to run the code, and a prompt box will appear. You can input any value into the blank box that you need. See screenshot:
Tips: If you need to fill blank cells with the number of 0, you need to enter the 0 in this dialog box.
4. And then click OK to end this procedure. And the specified value has been inserted into the blank cells at once.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Fill Blank Cells…function can help you to quickly and conveniently fill blank cells with values, with linear values or with fixed value.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Fill Blank Cells, see screenshot:
2. Select the range that you want to fill the blank cells, and in the Fill Blank Cells dialog box,check Fixed Value from the Fill With option and enter the specific value or text in the Filled Value box, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK or Apply. All of the blank cells have been filled with the specified value. see screenshots:
If you want to fill the blank cells with value above or below, the Kutools for Excel’s Fill Blank Cells also can do you a favor. Please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to fill the blanks with value above, and enable the Fill Blank Cells feature.
2. In the Fill Blank Cells dialog box, select Based on values option under the Fill with section, and then choose the options that you want to fill the blank cells, you can fill them down, up, right and left as you need, see screenshot:
3. And then click Ok or Apply button, and the blank cells have been filled with the data above, see screenshots:
With this Fill Blank Cells utility, you can also fill blank cells with linear values, click here to know more.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks.. Much useful..
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothanks a lot for saving the time :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoboss, for example i make template with excel
in the template there is no empty field,
evidently after i download the template i found field with empty value
nah.... my question
how if i will insert the empty value with '0' but thats automatic from the template
thankssss boss your answer very help me please
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow would you be able to replicate this within a file containing multiple worksheets - so that it can fill in the blanks of multiple (or all) the worksheets at the same time?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi
It's very useful.
Thank you very much.