How to select cells with specific text in Excel?
Supposing you need to quickly go to or select cells containing specific text from a huge worksheet, how can you quickly select cells with specific text in Excel? You can quickly select cells containing specific text as follows in Excel.
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
For example, I have a worksheet containing data of students, now I want to select all cells containing specific student name. Using Find function in Excel to select cell containing specific text as follows:
1. Click Home > Find & Select > Find, and a Find and Replace dialog box will pop out. Input the text that you need in the Find what dropdown list. See screenshot:
2. Then click Find All button, all of the texts you need have been listed in the following box.
3. And then press Ctrl + A to select all of the values in the box. Click Close button, all of the text that you need have been selected in the range. Seen screenshots:
With Find function, you just only can select the cells, if you would like to select the entire rows with specific text, the method will not work.
With Select Specific Cells of Kutools for Excel, you can select both the cells and the entire rows with the specific values in a worksheet.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the range that you want to find the specific text.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, specify the selection type that you need, and choose Contains from the Specific type dropdown list, then input the value that you want to select. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK or Apply. All of the specified text will be selected.
1. From the Specific type dropdown list, you can choose any other criteria that meet your need.
2. With this tool, you can select cells, entire rows or entire columns that you need.
For more about this function, please visit Select Specific Cells.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...