How to find or select cells based on certain criteria in Excel?
Supposing you have a data range as following screenshot, and now you want to find or select cells based on certain criteria information in Excel, for example, I will find or select the cells which contain the numbers between 80 and 100. How could you quickly solve this task?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With Filter function of Excel, you can display the cell rows that you need and hide the unwanted rows. You can finish it with the following steps:
1. Highlight the column that you want to select the certain cells.
2. Click Data > Filter, see screenshot:
3. And a small triangle will display at the bottom right corner of the title, click the small triangle, and a menu will appear. Choose Number Filter > Custom Filter… See screenshot:
4. And a Custom AutoFilter dialog box will pop out. Then specify the criteria that you need as following screenshot:
5. Click OK. And all of the cells which fit to the criteria have been displayed, and the others have been hidden.
With this method, the other cells which don’t accord with the criteria will be hidden. But if you don’t want to hide the other cells, and format the cells based on criteria. How could you do?
Conditional Formatting utility can help you to find and format the cells which match your criteria in Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the data range that you want to use.
2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, select Format only cells that contain option under Select a Rule Type, and then specify the criteria you need under Format the Rule Description, see screenshot:
4. Then click Format button, in the Format Cells dialog, click Fill tab, and select one color you like to shade your cells. See screenshot:
5. Click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the cells between 80 and 100 have been highlighted at once.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Select the data range that you want and click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Specific Cells…, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, check Cell from Selection type, and set your criteria under Specific type as you need, see screenshot:
3. After setting the criteria, click OK or Apply button, a prompt message will remind you the number of the selected cells. And all of cells which accord with the criteria have been selected from the range.